Thursday, March 6, 2014

t3 LA01 - Use a Scanner to tell a story

Learning Activity: Use your flatbed scanner to tell a story. You need to gather nine (9) objects that represent your story.

Hmm .. only nine (9) objects to tell my story? .. this could be prove to be more challenging than first anticipated?

Ok, here it is ...


my story


1). My family; will always be what first comes to mind when asked to represent myself. I love my husband and three adorable children beyond measure. We were definitely blessed with our son after having two daughters. They keep me extremely busy and take up most of my time with all their activities they are involved in.

2). Curtin University pin. Having recently completed my Bachelors Degree in Internet Communications (with Honours), this is my 4th biggest achievement (after my children), to date. I flew over to Perth for the Graduation Ceremony and it is one of my fondest memories. I was a great experience and I loved meeting fellow students that I had studied with online.

3). Bathing a Tiger Cub. After completing my Degree I booked a holiday to Thailand with my best friend. It was something to celebrate and things fell right into place to get us there. I have spent many hours drawing Tigers as they are my favourite animal, I absolutely love them. When the opportunity to visit Tiger Temple in Bangkok arose, I grabbed it with both hands. Feeding, washing and playing with the cubs was an amazing experience. This day will be forever etched in my memory bank.

4). My tattoos. These represent 'me'. They are of the Gemini star sign, and the Chinese symbols of 'water' 'ox'. I am a bit of a believer in astrology and feel the Gemini Water Ox is true to my personality. Having parents covered in tat's I wasn't a big fan of getting any. But as time went on and life events happened I found myself drawn to getting them later in life (2009 to be exact, at the ripe age of 36). I can't see them and at times, especially now my hair has grown long enough to cover them, forget I have them. I am now wanting to get inked again. The words "machen es mรถglich" (meaning "make it happen" in German, my Fathers origin) on my left forearm. 

5). Wonder Woman. I was given a singlet with the Wonder Woman logo on it from a close friend of mine. She gave me that title in relation to my parenting. She thinks I am a Wonder Woman. I bake and make many treats for my kids, my cake pops are pretty awesome, and at times I have been a little creative when asked to 'bring a plate' to a given activity. I sew and have made many costumes over the years. My eldest daughters Year 6 Graduation dress being on that list of items. I've taken to that title like a fish to water and went on to purchase a key cover and key ring myself ;-)

6). Frog ornament. I adore frogs and have an allocated shelf for them in my home. I collect them whenever I can. I have ones from Fiji, New Zealand, The Daintree and Thailand to name a few.

7). Gnomes. These little gnomes have come all the way from the U.S. (Boulder, Colorado to be exact). They were hand crafted by Gniffer's Gnomes. Naturally, I required two, after all I purchased them for my 40th Birthday and that ole' Gemini in me needed to have two. They each receive a  unique name and a personalized story written about them, mine, fittingly so, are named Yin and Yang.

8). Fitness. I was once quite fit BC (before children that is). Since the birth of my 2nd child, who was delivered via Cesarean due to her being breech, I had retained a few post-baby kilos, and then, with the arrival of my 8 pound 7 oz beautiful bouncing baby boy I had stabilized around 10kg over my post-baby weight. It's taken a little time to get back on that horse, but I am now motivated again and training several days a week. I am hopeful to have this remain as part of my weekly routine and lifestyle from now on.

9). iPhone 5s. Lastly, but not least is my iPhone. I love all things technological and am a huge fan of smart phones. I am a bit of a social media addict and love being able to log on at any give time, whether to search for things, to check my email or just to scroll through Facebook at the touch of my finger tips. Google is my best friend and I love that it knows 'everything'! .. I mean, really, EVERYTHING!!!

Well that's it. In a nutshell. I hope you've gotten to know me a little better through the scanning of my nine (9) items.























No comments:

Post a Comment