Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Inspiration Diary

[..] find 5 things you are inspired by.

"Inspiration is found in your surroundings and by things you discover from experiences or your environment. Inspiration is a personal approach, so what might be inspirational to you, might mean nothing to somebody else" (Certificate III Graphic Pre-press unit outline, 2014).

1. It sounds cliché, but the 'Ten Commandments' inspire me. They are 10 very simple rules to live by.

Once a year I attend the Hillsong Colour Conference, held in March. This year marked my third one. It goes for two and a half days. The days are long, but they inspire you from beginning to end. Spectacular singing, dancing and choreography pack a tonne of inspiration in you for you carry throughout the year.
Thousands of like-minded and like-spirited women gather together to explore how they may change the world in which they live.


This years guest speakers were Beth Moore and Lisa Bevere. They are two very passionate women who have an extraordinary talent for bringing many laughs along the way when delivering their message. 

Lisa Bevere
Beth Moore

Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word.

Lisa believes in women and empowers them by weaving the practical with the profound truth of God's Word.



2. Art .. I looooove art! I attend the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition annually. I started attending around 5 years ago. The larger than life sculptures amaze me each time.  I have a few pictures which appear in my art blog (Distinguishing Art). Below is one of my favourites.

'Splash' Artist: Tomas Misura. Sculpture by the Sea 2010

stainless steel, painted steel

dimensions: 350cm x 350cm x 450cm

Explore the dynamics of a moment in time, in the form of a contemporary piece.



Below is a brief clip from one of the artists, Lucy Humphrey's, talking about her piece, 'Horizon'. It was on display during the seventeenth annual exhibition, 2013. It is another personal favourite.



3. My Family. My three children inspire me daily. They give me the reason to always look on the brighter side of life. Each one bursting with their own unique personality. Forever making me want to be better, to do better and to achieve more.
  


4. Pinterest. I am constantly inspired by the many pins on people's boards. At times I have challenged myself to try and duplicate some of the inspirational creative ideas.


 
Christmas time and other festival occasions always prove to ignite the inspiration.

 

Chocolate Ganache, Lavender Cream 
and Raspberry Tart
[Fiona's receipe- MasterChef 2010]
   



5. My 'wish' Board



I have a cork board which hangs above my computer. Sometime ago I heard/read about the powers of such a board. A place to pin ideas, hopes and dreams. A few years ago, after the birth of my second daughter, we were contemplating having another child, wishful thoughts filled my mind with hopes of having a son. At that time a friend of ours was currently pregnant with her first child - a boy. The father had posted a picture on Facebook of the mother's routine check in the hospital. I remembered reading about a woman who was having trouble conceiving and stuck a picture of a pregnant woman to hers .. a little later, she became pregnant with twins. She went on to discover that the lady she had pinned to her board, was in fact, pregnant with twins. So, it couldn't hurt - right? .. so I pinned that picture, within the next year I gave birth to a son! Who said there was no powers connected with positive thinking?

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve [Napoleon Hill]

No comments:

Post a Comment